Jake's Reviews > Moment of Truth in Iraq: How a New 'Greatest Generation' of American Soldiers is Turning Defeat and Disaster into Victory and Hope

Moment of Truth in Iraq by Michael Yon

M_50x66
Apr 07, 09

Read in March, 2009

I ordered a signed copy of this book to support the work Michael Yon was doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I'm glad I did. This book is wonderful on so many different levels. First of all, his analysis of where Iraq is headed is not the result of some week-long trip to Iraq, but the result of several years living there and talking to troops and Iraqis alike. Second, this book sugarcoats nothing. Where we (the US) screwed up, he points it out, but then he also discusses what we've done (and in many cases done successfully) to fix our mistakes. Third, he really does a great job of honoring our troops for the sacrifices, efforts, and profoundly skillful work they are doing there. I wish this book could be read by all Americans . . . I think that for many on both sides of the debate, it would be a real eye-opener.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moment of Truth in Iraq.