DarkHeart "Vehngeance"'s Reviews > Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Mar 18, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, shifters, vampires
Read in March, 2009

I'd heard nothing but glowing reviews about this series, but I'm not sure. I question the use of rampant sex as a plot device outside of erotica, but I may be in the minority here. Riley is a likeable enough character, and I liked Quinn. The premise was interesting, but it did seem like Riley was either fighting for her life or having sex 95% of the time - which didn't leave a lot of time for further character development. I will read the second book though and see if it pulls me in enough to carry on with the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Moon Rising.

Nichole (Dirrty H) You're not in the minority - well, okay, maybe you are but if so, I'm there with you.

I felt like Arthur wrote this really interesting world with all her different creatures and a good story, and then thought, "Hmm... how can I make it okay for my main character to be kind of a slut?" So she made a HUGE sex drive and complete lack of inhibition part of the nature of the creature, and bam, now Riley can run around naked and have sex with everybody.
I was very on the fence with these books, but there was something about them that kept me compelled to keep reading. By books 5 and 6 I was hooked, and I also think the rampant, indiscriminate sex had toned down a bit by then.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" LOL, good to know I'm not alone. I'll keep reading until I'm made a convert then. ;)