Aida's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Dec 26, 09

Clary Fray is living the life of a typical new york city 15-year-old with her best friend Simon. One day they are out having fun when she has an encounter with otherworldly demons and beautiful shadow hunters. She is shocked to go home and find out that the normal life she thought she had was just a facade. She and Simon learn of a parallel society living among them. She is a shadow hunter that has lived all her life as a human but must learn to use the power she has. She embarks on a journey where she must learn who she really is and help find her missing mother. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is the first in a trilogy that is sure to surpass all your expectations. This book came to my attention when one of my student's asked me for it in the library. As soon as it came in it caught my attention and I couldn't put it down. The cover art entices you to open the book. The characters and plot are well developed. As you read it you feel as if you are part of the action. You feel every emotion that Clary is feeling as the story unfolds. At the end of this book you are left wanting to desparately get your hands on the second book. The same goes for the third. The most exciting part of all for me is that the author will be visiting my school on March of 2010!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.