Casey's Reviews > Water Keep

Water Keep by J. Scott Savage

Mar 17, 2009

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult-ages-14-and-up
Read in January, 2009

Yes, another middle/teen reader. I can't help it. Some of them are pretty entertaining. I actually liked this one. It's definitely for middle readers but it was a cute story all the same.

It's pretty unique. There's this orphaned boy who is crippled and just has a rotten life. He dreams of a place Called Far World were there's magic and wizards. Except one day he realizes the place isn't just some fantasy in his mind. It actually exists. So he ends up going to Far World and learns he can do magic because of a secret that's been kept from him. What's the secret? Sorry, can't tell. But while he's in Far World he meets up with a girl named Kendra who ironically can't do magic and together they must save both their worlds from an evil enemy. What I liked about these characters is that neither one complains even though they're both dealt some rotten luck. They don't give up either and they both recognize the others strengths and are able to use that to their advantage. They're good role models for young readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water Keep.