Trina's Reviews > The Frog Princess

The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

Mar 17, 09

bookshelves: youth-literature

I know I'm pretty critical of books and this rating shows it. There is nothing so wrong with this book that should deem it such a low rating but my experience with the book was so painful I didn't know how else to rate it. This was another audio book (which handicaps a book to begin with for me) and the narrating was so bad that I found myself talking back to her about how poorly she was reading it. I think the writing was a also a bit awkward at times, especially the dialogue, but it may be that it would have flowed just fine with a decent narrator. This book may prove to be a delightful light children's read (for elementary ages) if actually read for one's self.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Frog Princess.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

smalls yes, you should have read it yourself. An audio book is only as good as it's reader.

Mark Dewey I really liked Katherine Kellgren's narration, personally. It flowed well for me.

However—

If you listen to lots of audiobooks, you can still enjoy a great book even if it has horrible narration. It does require effort, attentiveness and a different kind of imagination (with more abstraction)—but I'd still recommend reading unless you're training yourself or have a need and/or time to listen that you don't for reading.