Trina's Reviews > Charlie Bone and the Time Twister

Charlie Bone and the Time Twister by Jenny Nimmo

Mar 17, 09

bookshelves: youth-literature

My son and I have been listening to these books together on the way to/from school. It has been fun to share them with him and I like many of the main characters but I continue to feel that these books drag. I don't have a problem with where she eventually goes with the story, just that she takes so long in getting there. There also were some times when there were (what I considered) obvious answers to the characters predicaments that they apparently didn't think of. I don't like when characters do things that don't make sense. Skyler thinks I'm way too harsh and I probably wouldn't be so, except that if a book takes so long to get to its next plot device then I have plenty of time to analyze what the characters are doing. Now a caveat, this impatience may have everything to do with listening to these books. I tend to feel this way about any book I listen to rather than read because I have to go at a slower pace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlie Bone and the Time Twister.