Mary's Reviews > Anne of Ingleside

Apr 13, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: kindle2, read-in-2009
Read in April, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I am not finished with this book, but I am calling it quits. maybe i'll get back to this book someday, but I am tired of Anne... or rather, this book has very little Anne, and a lot of stories that aren't about Anne at all, but of her many many kids. and well, i'm just not that into that. I tried to read as much as I could, but towards the end, i just couldn't take it anymore. so this will go into the holding pile.

Life is too short to be sitting here reading about the thoughts of the children, like how their mother was going to die because she was giving birth to their youngest child. Or how one of the twins had this girl crush on a fellow classmate, but the classmate turned out to be a liar. The Blythe children are too innocent, they live in this sheltered fairy tale life that was suitable for Anne Shirley, but she was an orphan, and needed her imagination to get her thru her tough life, but the Blythe children are nothing short of deprived of love.

Maybe i am just tired of the whole series... perhaps i need a break from it all.

Ok I finally finished the story. It's not really worth the time reading... IMO.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Ingleside.