DianaAitch's Reviews > Poked and Prodded- A Humorous Medical Memoir

Poked and Prodded- A Humorous Medical Memoir by Brian  Fleming

Jan 04, 2013

liked it
Read from January 04 to 06, 2013

When Brian Fleming, an introverted husband and high school English teacher with chest pains, goes to his family doctor, he unknowingly begins a long, embarrassing, and painful medical journey. After recovery, the tables are turned. Brian's wife and high school sweetheart, Nina Fleming, requires life-altering surgery, forcing Brian to work through his narcissism and self-deprecation to find pride in his family and himself.

In Poked and Prodded- A Medical Memoir, Brian battles with pain, fevers, introversion, and doubt through self-deprecating humor. He tries desperately to get the answer to the age old question, "What's wrong with me, Doc?" Through test after test, Brian comes closer to finding his answer. Throughout his ordeal, his faithful wife, Nina is by his side as cheerleader, therapist, and soul mate. Upon recovery, Brian is required to try his hand at being a supportive spouse as Nina goes under the knife. At times, Brian is successful. At times he's not. But by the end of Poked and Prodded- A Medical Memoir, Brian achieves perfection, at least, in his eyes.
FROM AMAZON

This was a short book, took just a couple of sittings to read it.

I got it free on the Kindle and to be honest I'm glad I didn't pay for it as it was no best seller, but it was, at times amusing.

One thing it did make me think though - Thank goodness we have the NHS here in UK!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poked and Prodded- A Humorous Medical Memoir.