Rebecca's Reviews > Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year

Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott

Nov 28, 09

bookshelves: biography-memoir, read2009
Read in March, 2009

What everyone else says - it's the most honest and hilarious parenting memoir around. Short and sweet, a must-read, even if Lamott's other books aren't your thing. But have some tissues at hand - I think I've held off on reviewing because of the heartbreaking ending, gah!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Operating Instructions.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Inder Whoa! Are you getting ready for our new arrival? Seriously, I love this book. Totally funny and honest. I should reread it in preparation for our new arrival.

Rebecca Ha, I know. Don't expect me to pick up any of your childbirthing books, but I just found this at the store and thought the timing was appropriate. I love it, except for how I'm completely traumatized.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Annie Lamott is one of my favorite authors. Traveling Mercies is sort of a spiritual autobiography, oh I just like so many of her books. Have fun.

Inder Yeah, it's almost as gruesome as a childbirthing book, actually. Maybe more so.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura So now you got me started on Anne Lamott (again!). I just brought home Grace (Eventually) - Thoughts on Faith.