Amy 's Reviews > Angel Rock

F_50x66
Mar 17, 09

bookshelves: mystery_thriller, australia, read-in-2009
Read in March, 2009

This book plays in the isolated and quiet town of Angel Rock. Two boys, step-brothers Tom and Flynn, go missing. The town spends over a week searching for them, but looses hope and gives up. Then Tom suddenly turns up again, without his brother; he also does not remember anything about his time away.
A few months later, a girl is found dead in Sydney, an obvious suicide. One of the inspectors investigating the death, Gibson, is still haunted by his own sisters suicide and decides to dig deeper into the case, especially when it turns out that the girl is from Angle Rock.
Williams is a master at creating an image with his writing. The descriptions of the landscape and the townspeople of Angel Rock were so realistic, and the unusual situations well crafted. The book was divided into three parts, but the only really interesting one was part 1, where we were pulled into this story. The rest of the book kind of dragged on and the ending was unsatisfying to me. But I do consider it one of the best (psychological) thrillers I've read in a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Rock.