Sanz's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Mar 16, 09

Read in March, 2009

If immorality and infidelity are your thing, this book is for you. The whole basis of the story is an unhappy woman who has a secret affair for years and after her husband dies, she marries him, secretly. Sam writes letters to her granddaughter, Jennifer, and details the relationship. My problem with it is that the author glamorized the relationship, like she was to be admired because she didn't leave her husband.

The best part of the book is this quote: "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." --Father Alfred D'Souza

The best part wasn't even written by the author. This book was written by the same author as Sundays at Tiffany's, which I liked. Don't bother reading this book. I'm glad I bought it at a garage sale so I won't feel badly when I toss it in the trash.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susannah (new)

Susannah Good to know! I won't read it. :)

Jackie Married to a man who physicially abused her, threatened to destroy her and charged on here left and right. I'd say those were good reads for her to look elsewhere. I don't like cheating either but her husband was playing a power game with her.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily James-Garraway Thanks for the heads up.

Samantha Matos Totally down played the book. its such a nice book.