Justy's Reviews > The Clan of the Cave Bear

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel

Mar 15, 09

bookshelves: historical-fiction

In the first book of the Earth Children series we meet Ayla. Ayla looses her family in an earthquake and is left alone in a indifferent world. She is rescued by people so different from her that she screams the first time she sees them. [return][return]I love that by reading this book I can escape to a completely different world. A world which make me think about and question the one I live in. Jean M Auel has done an incredible amount of research to make everything in her books as accurate as possible. This means that there are many many details about how things look and how they are done. Some how Jean M Auel manages to pour in all that detail and still keep me captivated by the story of a young girl raised by people different from herself and how she adapts and learns to live within thier rules and expecations.[return][return]I have a very dog-earred copy of this book as I have read it over and over. It is well worth picking up and reading once or twice. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clan of the Cave Bear.