Sarah Clayton's Reviews > Time of My Life

F 50x66
Mar 18, 09

liked it
Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I didn't think I would like this book at all when I first started reading it. Who wants to read a suburban mom (with a nanny and a masseuse no less) whine and use copious amounts of swearing. Not to mention the whole what-if scenerio has been done before. But I did end up liking it. Eventually, I grew to like Jillian and liked watching her fall in love with the man she was sick of and get sick of the man she had been fantasizing about. I think a lot of women tend to fixate on their choice of men as the source to their life's problems, when, of course, this is the furtherest thing from reality. It also never hurts to be reminded, the more you try to be perfect the more neurotic you get! I didn't like that Jillian realized the problem was her and her way of relating to people (Henry, her mother, etc) and then she's transported back to her new future. A lot of people realize that it doesn't matter where you go, there you are, but knowing that doesn't necessarily fix the problem. I don't know if I'd recommend this book but it was fun thinking about the time I'd go back to if I had a masseuse to unlock my chi. If only!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of My Life.