The Flooze's Reviews > Daemons Are Forever

Mar 19, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal, sci-fi, vanquished_2009, owned
Read in March, 2009, read count: 1

Greatly enjoyed it.

Like others, I thought some of the banter tried a bit hard, but overall, still quite witty with lots of tongue in cheek.

I liked how the family came together in a time of need and that not all of the book was a light-hearted romp. The inclusion of a character from another of Green's series makes me want to run out and buy his other books.

Jacob and the Armourer are awesome, Harry's antagonism adds the needed internal conflict, and Merlin's glass and the Time Train are two of the coolest devices ever. The Loathly Ones were a creepy foe.

I'll miss some of the characters we lost and wish we could have known them a bit longer. Also, there were certain things Green set up that were not resolved-hopefully we'll see more in the next book.

I'm anxiously awaiting The Spy Who Haunted Me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daemons Are Forever.

Quotes The Flooze Liked

Simon R. Green
“Who's got my Jaffa Cakes? You know I can't function without Jaffa Cakes.”
Simon R. Green, Daemons Are Forever

03/15/2009 page 1
0.25% "I so need to buy more by Simon R. Green."
03/16/2009 page 63
15.52% "I can't concentrate with all this damned sneezing! I need a new nose. Grrr..."
03/16/2009 page 128
31.53% "I want to be a wild witch of the woods when I grow up. I'll turn people into slugs and squish them! Squish!"