Melody's Reviews > Ender's Game

Nov 02, 07

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, youngadult, audiobook
Recommended to Melody by: Vicki
Read in November, 2007

Hard for me to know how to rate this book. I loved the IDEA of the book - loved the hard questions it forces you to ponder - loved the few small tender gestures Ender Wiggins gets to experience while he is being brutally molded into the savior of the human race - loved the plot and the story development. But is it just me or was that a borderline incestuous relationship he had with his sister? I mean you could excuse it when Ender was 6 - but by the time he and his sister are talking about sneaking off from their jobs on the colony for a secret pillow fight - I mean you have to wonder. And how much of those damn battles did we REALLY need to have described. I got the idea. My eyes would just glaze over as I read time after time about how Ender flashed this enemy and froze that one and hid behind this guy and used that guy as a shield and won despite all the cards stacked against him for the 50th time! But other than that - it’s a great book and I'll probably read more Ender books or at least more Orson Scott Card books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Game.