Jessie's Reviews > Cry Wolf

2095548
Oct 04, 10

bookshelves: supernatural
Read from September 30 to October 01, 2010

Because this book was written by the same author as the Mercy series, I was hoping the story would be told in the same way. Unfortunately, it isn't.

The Omega concept was a little confusing at first. It took the author awhile to explain what it was. When she did finally explain, it wasn't very clear.

I thought the main character was too meek to be the heroine and felt her mate should have been the focus. He would've made a much better main character.

I didn't feel like I was reading about any sort of a plot until I was more than halfway through the book. The nice thing about that is once the plot started forming, it went quickly, and I couldn't put the book down! Until that point, I questioned reading it. Maybe I'm just getting too picky with my books lately.

This book felt like it was the author's first novel. For all I know, it probably was. I'll probably look once I've posted this review.

Despite that, it is worth the read. Once you get to the point in the novel where they're out in the mountains, it really picks up speed and you won't be able to put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Wolf.

09/30/2010 page 197
67.0% "Pretty good book so far. Solid writing style. The characters aren't as developed as the ones from her Mercies series, but it doesn't detract from the story too much. Would be nice if the heroine wasn't quite so meek."