Jenni's Reviews > Traditional Quilts with Painless Borders

Traditional Quilts with Painless Borders by Sally Schneider

Mar 15, 09

bookshelves: crafty
Read in March, 2009

If I picked up what Sally Schneider was throwing down in this book, the idea behind the "painless" border is to incorporate designs from within the quilt and tilt them or use them in a slightly different way in order to create a patterned border that will align better and apparently be easier than many other types of pieced borders. Rather than creating the main quilt and then going back and adding a border to it later, the technique here is to create a border within the main quilt so the same blocks you are using to finish the inside, create a patterned border for the outside at the same time. Needless to say, I am glad that pictures were included in the book because I could never have understood or explained any of that (to myself or otherwise) without the photos. I think if I were more accomplished with sewing and quilting, I would have been more wowed. I was hoping for more of a beginner's book and I still felt it was somewhat over my head, but I plan to return to it once my skills are more developed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Traditional Quilts with Painless Borders.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I got very confused by "but I plan to return to it once my skills are more developed...less" until I realized the "less" was from GoodReads and not you. Also, I'm finding your craft book reviews highly entertaining.

Jenni I am glad my craft book reviews are providing entertainment. Stay tuned for more! LoL ;)