Brandy's Reviews > A Conspiracy of Alchemists

A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz

Jan 02, 13

bookshelves: action-adventure, fantasy, netgalley, nook, paranormal, steampunk
Read in January, 2013

Fantasy meets Steampunk meets Historical Fiction!

Eleanor "Elle" Chance doesn't live her life according to society's expectations. She would much rather be flying her airship and having adventures than finding a suitable match in fashionable London society and settling down. Little does she know that this latest job will turn her well-ordered, scientific world on its head. Accepting a job from Hugh Marsh, a mysterious member of the nobility, and an attempted kidnapping puts Elle in the middle of an adventure that will her racing all the way to Constantinople and at the center of an ancient battle between Alchemists and Warlocks whose outcome will have huge consequences for the world.

I really fell in love with these characters and the world that Schwarz had created. Elle is full of spunk and isn't afraid to fight for what she wants while Marsh is thoughtful, sensitive and thorougly captured my heart. I also really hope I get to meet Loisa again in the future - she was quite delightful to read and I could see her being involved in some future adventures. While the book does have closure at the end, it is still wide open for future installments, and I really hope that Schwarz is writing them right now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conspiracy of Alchemists.