Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray by Maya Banks

Jan 02, 13

I finished Shades of Gray: A KGI Novel and still have very mixed feelings about it, the ending and the plot were very good although I would have to say it was not very original. The use of a tool from the "Less than talented writers toolbox" where you do some horrible thing to a beloved character to get an emotional response from readers was almost more than I could stand (no I won't give it away but you will see it coming)and it was a close thing that I was gonna toss the book. It proceeded well from that point with predictable events and ending. The rest of the book other than the cheap writers tool was 3 Star materiel at best and looking back it seems that she has used similar tactics in the past, just not as poorly and blatantly. I know Myra Banks can write but this installment was full of things that closely resembled plagiarisms of Lifetime movies and crime dramas. If you plan on reading this series you might want to read it but this has to be the worst book in the series to date. 3 Stars and I feel I may have been generous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Gray.