Melody's Reviews > Dirty Blonde

Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline

Mar 18, 09

Recommended to Melody by: Pat Clotfelter
Read in March, 2009

I haven’t ever read any of Scottoline’s books – but apparently she’s a big deal. She has a commercial for each of her books and makes personal appearances at book groups and people devour her books. It was just the kind of escape I needed while being home recuperating from surgery. Cate is a newly appointed federal judge who has a secret – she picks up men at working class bars. That’s supposed to be shocking. I think not so much because she sleeps around – but that she sleeps around with a certain class of men that are automatically assumed to be criminals. Not sure how they made that jump – but they did. We’re supposed to understand a little why she does this after learning about her background – that she grew up in Centralia, Pennsylvania – the city with a huge underground mine fire that will burn for hundreds and hundreds of years and sends up stinky, toxic, steamy, smoky gasses to befuddle residents and visitors. We’re also supposed to know what Manolo Blahnik’s are too, which I did not but do now. But anyway there’s the sleeping around judge who is young and pretty and sexy and soon everyone knows she’s sleeping around because there’s this television producer who wants to make a TV show about her. Then someone tries to kill her and she loses her job and she has to prove who REALLY committed a crime and get her job back. And she has to stop all that sleeping around and settle down with a GOOD decent man.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Blonde.