Elisa's Reviews > Impossible

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

May 02, 09

bookshelves: fun-novels
Read in May, 2009

Very fun, very funny, and all around enjoyable read. I loved the writing style of the author. I actually enjoyed the way she switches points of view so easily and often. I also thought the idea to use Scarborough Fair was fun and interesting. I loved the history of the writing process she includes at the end! I also loved that her characters were rational and communicative, rather than dramatic and self-absorbed. I think the biggest message of the book is that great challenges, great evils, and great pain can all be overcome through loved ones and helping one another. We can succeed in impossible tasks only through meaningful relationships.

I have to admit the romancey stuff in the middle got a lil annoying, but atleast wasn't over the top sappy. I think this book would be most enjoyed by HighSchool readers. Especially girls.

be aware, there is a rape. It is actually pivotal to the plot, not graphic in the least, and did not leave me feeling scarred, dirty, or otherwise pained. It would not prevent me from recommending this book to mature HS readers. Mature being important, I think.

Only 4 stars bc I reserve 5 stars for books I would really want to read again. Once was fun, but enough for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impossible.