Bookworm Amir's Reviews > The Hunt for Red October

Apr 11, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in October, 2008

May I say, WOW? WOW!!!!

I read this book when I was stationed at Kosova, and during this time I had no inkling about Communism or the specter of the Soviet Union, or about politics much in general at that time. And even though I had heard negative connotations of this word Communism, after reading The Hunt For Red October I actually began RESPECTING the Soviet Union, the people, the submarines and the country. I found it interesting. Of course, the American side too.

This was a very suspenseful story that interchanges and crosses the path of politics,culture, and technology. This is my number one book of all time and I will recommend it to anyone who is even vaguely interested in political thrillers - this has all, action, ideology and a sense of urgency and thrill at this story live. I totally loved it!

By the way, a movie was made but again as well all motion pictures it wasn't that faithful to the story. I did love the book more.

Till next time, Comrade!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt for Red October.