Holly's Reviews > Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dec 02, 13

bookshelves: dark-hunter, para-romance, keepers, 2009, incendiary-leading-men, my-dream-men, favorites, 2013
Read in December, 2013 — I own a copy

5++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

Not officially considered a DH book, this was the one that not only got me hooked on Sherri's writing, but also the pararomance genre itself.

Sherrilyn has a knack for taking a seemingly ridiculous concept (Basic storyline of Fantasy Lover: an ancient Greek god is cursed into a book and he ends up being the willing sex slave of any woman who conjures him out of it, for the period of one month), and some how makes the characters and situations believable and compelling.

There were moments that made me laugh out loud, and moments that made me cry. Her love scenes were both erotic, and sweet and I couldn't help falling in love with Julian, and wanted him to finally find some sense of peace and happiness.

The series did in fact continue to improve, but this book will always hold a special place in my heart. It's a wonderful introduction into the world of the Dark Hunters, and highly recommended to any fan of para/romance.

**More reviews at my blog**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy Lover.

11/24/2013 marked as: currently-reading
11/24/2013
4.0% "Time for a re read of one of my favorite books. :)" 2 comments
12/02/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the book too!

Miss Kim I loved Fantasy Lover, too!

Holly It started it all for me. :)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Wonderful to see you are also a fan of this series! It's one of my fav PNR series by far. Lots of people complain about this book, since Julian isn't really a DH. But I tell them he is important to the series because he shows up in so many of the novels. Besides the fact he's goregous and sweet. Just loved this one! Glad you did too.

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Miss Kim I tell people the same thing Laura! Julian is still one of my top heros.

Holly You're absolutely right, Laura. Julian is a very important character in the series. He will always be one of my favorite heroes. :)

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi, Kim (big wave!). Yeah, Julian and his bud Kyrian (hope I spelled that right *lol*) show up in so many of the other books. In fact Julian thought he saw Kyrian in the restaurant once in FL but didn't think it was him cause he didn't know about the DHs. So knowing the backstory on those two really makes the books more enjoyable when they show up in later books.

And what's not to love about Julian? I mean, please! He's the son of gorgeous Aphrodite, tall, blonde, hunky bod. I'm not seeing a problem here. lmao!

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Smash I am glad I started the series with this book because of Julian and Kyrian's presence in other books of the series. :)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura Hey, girlfriend (big wave!). Yeah, I totally agree. ;)

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Holly Ashley wrote: "I am glad I started the series with this book because of Julian and Kyrian's presence in other books of the series. :)"
Exactly. Besides, as everyone else has said...Julian is such a great, memorable character. :)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura Ladies, last night I started the fearsome job of cleaning and dusting my overflowing bookcases. When I came across "Fantasy Lover" in my fiction bookcase I thought about all of ya. ;)

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Lynsey I completely agree, Holly! Even though I only gave it 3 stars for some reason it has always stuck in my memory. I might even need to do a re-read.

Mandy Mcglinchy Omg I love that book!! I agree with you. I thought I was going to hate it but the writing was so damn good.

Katie aka Ms. Phoenix Is it a must read for the series?

message 15: by Sean (new)

Sean Toole If you like the other books I would highly recommend this one. After I read Kyrians book I wished I'd read Fantasy Lover first.

Holly I agree. It's important to know the whole backstory going into Kyrian's book.