Adriana's Reviews > Evernight

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Nov 04, 09

bookshelves: ya-fantasy-series, ya-romance, ya-self-identity, ya-social-situations
Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Again, a paranormal romance in the vein of Twilight and other vampire reads. I enjoyed it though. I thought that some parts of the story were unique and entertaining (like Vic's character), but I was bothered by how for the first half of the book Bianca omits to the reader the fact that she knows she is a vampire. I know it was probably written like that so that a pivotal scene was more dramatic, but after finding out during that scene, I felt like it was ungenuine and frankly uneccessary. After that she is very casual about drinking blood and about her parents being centuries old. Setting that aside, I will continue to read the series to find out what mysteries are left to unfold and of course to see how the romance pans out. Teen readers who enjoy vampire books will eat it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evernight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arlene I felt the same way about the mid book twist. Book two is better, but that's because we get more Balthazar in the storyline and he is my fave character in this series.

Adriana I'm glad to hear that....now I'm more excited to continue the series.... :)