Samantha's Reviews > An Assembly Such as This

An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan

1452006
Mar 12, 2009

This book was a dream come true for me. Finally, I got to get to know Mr. Darcy, the legendary, ideal dreamboat created almost 200 years ago. I love Pride and Prejudice, of course, and this new installment was suprisingly satisfying! I wasn't expecting much when I first started it. I mean, Jane Austen is a legend and her style and wit are on a level that is practically untouchable. But, what can I say? I was curious. So I opened it up, and oh my word, I was proved wrong. I laughed, I almost cried, and I smiled to myself the entire time I was reading it. I fell in love with Darchy and Bingley and the amazing variety of new characters that Ms. Aidan introduced. She takes a lot of liberties with characters, such as Georgiana and Caroline Bingley, but every interaction with Elizabeth that was orignally mentioned in Pride and Prejudice was word for word and just as enthralling as the first time around. The language is beatiful, the wit apparent, and the emotions are real and almost tangible. I loved it. What more can I say? I am couting down the days to when I can get my hands on the second and third installments in this series. Thank you, Pamela Aidan!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Assembly Such as This.