Chris's Reviews > Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

Mar 12, 09

bookshelves: adventure, science-fiction, favorites, award-winners
Read in February, 2006

Ian Malcolm, that quirky mathematician, has probably had the greatest influence on me than any other character in a book or movie. Because of him I have officially subscribed to chaos, make snide sarcastic remarks, flirt with paleobotanists, and flash around my leather jacket while fidgeting my spectacles, stuttering to communicate profound observations that fly over the head of my listeners. Ok not really, I’m just a wannabee, but the rockstar-genius is certainly an aspiration of mine.

Jurassic Park, for anyone living on Mars who hasn’t seen or read it, is an action packed thriller that pits human inspectors and specialists against genetically engineered dinosaurs. The park is designed to contain these ghosts of Earthly past, but things get out of hand quickly when a tropical storm puts Malcolm’s chaos into full effect. Crichton’s style is meant to be suspenseful, so don’t expect any groundbreaking literature here, just a whole lot of blood & guts, fun sci-fi, nerds-turned-action-heros, and things with sharp teeth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jurassic Park.