Charlotte Stein's Reviews > Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox

Dec 31, 2012

Enjoyed this in a completely different way to How To Misbehave. HTM prompted a visceral reaction, this was more of a "sitting back in awe of the skill" reaction. I cannot write this sort of layering for the life in me - the different elements all coming together to make one unified whole - and it totally slayed me reading this. Also absolutely loved Ellen and Henry. I know some people will find Ellen too this or too that but I'm not that kind of person. I won't hold a romance heroine to a different standard than a romance hero, and all of Ellen's worries and struggles rang completely true to me. Am tired of stories where women fall all over themselves to immediatly give in to some guy without any reservations. It's good to see a bit of a caution for a change!

Fantastic book. Is Ruthie actually capable of writing a bad one?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came Trouble.

Eleanor (The Book Hammock) Exactly! Ruthie is a master. Perfect romance.

Charlotte Stein Eleanor wrote: "Exactly! Ruthie is a master. Perfect romance."

Eleanor (The Book Hammock) Charlotte wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Exactly! Ruthie is a master. Perfect romance."

She soooo is! Exact right word for her. Masterful. Have you read How To Misbehave yet? Am so excited for people to get this one!"

YES! She sent me both. Swoon after swoon. I thought I'd never be able to pick myself back from the floor. LOL
I need to be locked in a tornado basement with a hottie. Pronto!