Mr. Z's Reviews > iWoz

iWoz by Steve Wozniak

1928892
Mar 24, 09

bookshelves: a-classroom-library, biography-autobiography-memoirs, non-fiction-how-to-inform-inspire
Recommended to Mr. Z by: A parent kindly donated this book to the classroom library
Recommended for: Higher-level students interested in math, engineering and inventions
Read in March, 2009

Do you like spending time on your personal computer? If so, be sure to thank Steve Wozniak. If it weren't for him, there wouldn't be a personal computer like the ones that millions upon millions of people use today! This book, "iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon," is Mr. Wozniak's autobiography. It tells the story about how he went from being a self-proclaimed nerdy kid with no confidence and no girlfriends to inventing a number of world-changing inventions (including the Apple Computer!) and becoming one of the richest men on the planet! Mr. Wozniak proves that it pays to be smart!

Mr. Wozniak said one of the reasons why he wrote this autobiography was to give advice to: "Kids who feel they're outside the norm. Kids who feel it in themselves to design things, invent things, engineer things. Change the way people do things." Mr. Wozniak stresses that people need to have confidence in their abilities and to follow their heart no matter what "doubters" say. This world we live in has a way of discouraging

Caution: this book is for higher-level readers. I would recommend this book to high school and college students, and professionals already in the work force. If you are an advanced 8th grade student with a very strong interest in math, engineering and inventing things, then perhaps you will enjoy Mr. Wozniak's life story, as well. Personally, I had a difficult time understanding a lot of Mr. Wozniak's stories about how he invented things like phone-interference boxes, calculators and computers. However, it was easy to appreciate Mr. Wozniak's brilliance. He's obviously light years ahead of other people in his field. He set a new standard in computers and his inventions have single-handedly changed the world for the better. (312 pages)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read iWoz.

03/12/2009 page 12
3.83% "An autographed copy of this book was donated to me anonymously be a parent, so I am giving it a read."
03/22/2009 page 55
17.57% "This is the autobiography of Apple computer co-founder Steve Wozniak." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua was it a good book and whay is it about did any action take place

Mr. Z So far, I haven't liked it very much. It is a little slow. There's no action. I don't think you would like to read it, but if it gets better, I will let you know.