Naeem's Reviews > Pawn of Prophecy

Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

Aug 21, 2007

My 11 year old is a avid reader and rates books by David Eddings as his favorite. I wanted to see what he was reading. I thought one novel would do the trick. But I ended up reading the full 5 (the five are really one book).

Fantastic stuff. Different and similar to Pullman's Dark Matter series, Tolkien, and the Harry Potter stuff. Like Pullman, you get the sense that the author is working out something important. Like the Tolkien you are transported into a different world.

Maps are important.

I am always amazed at by an author's ability to create whole and complete worlds.

I am now starting the next five in the series.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pawn of Prophecy.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie I definitely have trouble viewing the series as 5 books. My copies are two hard covers called The Belgariad 1 and 2

This one being the best in the series. I also have the Mallorean series, but didn't enjoy as much.

I would recommend you buy Belgarath the Sorcerer. It was written by 'Belgarath' and goes back in time to explain the history of himself and the people. While somewhat indulgent it was very enjoyable reading the story of the history of the gods and the orb that you only hear about during the Belgariad.