Robin's Reviews > Just in Case

Just in Case by Meg Rosoff

Apr 10, 09

Another unfinished book - I cheated and read the end halfway through. Reason? I was quite fed up with the main character- David aka Justin.

After a near accident involving his little brother, David Case became a paranoid 15 year old, thinking that fate is out to get him. He changed his name to Justin (Just-in Case, get it?), changed the his looks, so as to escape Fate. Fate too, become interested in Justin. I mean, who wouldn't, the more you try to get away from something, it'll always come to get you, isn't it?

The story is quite depressing. But what I hated the most was Justin himself. When he's not being paranoid, all he think is about himself and about sex. How could he asked (don't remember the exact phrase) -should he have feel remorse for a character who died? Even for a character that doesn't matter much, I still think it was wrong - being indifferent is one thing, but saying that out loud? Also, there was no character that I liked (except maybe his brother), and the story was kinda boring, so I skipped and read the ending. Meh, what a waste of time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just in Case.