Renee's Reviews > The Clan of the Cave Bear

Jan 08, 2012

bookshelves: topshelf
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read in October, 2002

This book and the series that follows is endearing, troublesome, and whole-heartedly compassionate. This is the book my grandmother read to me as a little girl during the middle of a tornado, while we waited out the storm by candlelight. This is the book that started me reading... really reading.
I learned that I can love my quiet time, and apparently I love stories on the ancient human race... our beginnings. The ways of survival, ways of development, natural medicine, culture and anthropology. The flavor of this book is 'tribal', but the sentiment and the moral is, "the totem that chooses you can present many hardships and challenges, but the gifts are worth it."
48 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clan of the Cave Bear.

04/07 marked as: read

Juan Francisco Excellent series! I cannot wait to read the last book to be published soon! )

Brian Must have been one hell of a long tornado! ;-)

Kelly Hodges Great review Renee. :-) My book club is reading this book and I am excited to get started on it.

Michael Babbitt Renee I really enjoyed your review and the idea of your grandmother reading to you during a tornado. That's a great testimony to reading. If you like "ancient" stories you might like Paul O. Williams' Pelbar Cycle.

Josie Ward This is also the book that really got me reading. It's definitely my favorite book of all time

Renee Thanks everyone for the comments! Michael, I will check out The Pelbar Cycle, thanks. Keep turning pages, you guys!