Teena in Toronto's Reviews > Cross the Line

Cross the Line by Jack    Patterson

Jan 31, 13

Read from December 30, 2012 to February 01, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday is approaching and as quarterback for one of the teams in the game, Noah Larson is extremely excited. He has achieved his dream ... plus he has a wife and son whom he loves. One last game, he promises his wife and then he'll retire on a high. But those dreams are shattered when he gets a call that his son, Jake, has been kidnapped. Throw the game or his son dies.

Sportswriter, Cal Murphy, stumbles upon the story and knows he's got to do what he can to rescue Jake. He asks his photographer friend, Kelly Mendoza, to go undercover with him to head to Mexico to do a bogus story about a coffee maker who they suspect has kidnapped Jake. It should be a piece of cake since they have FBI protection, right? Well, things don't go as planned and it turns deadly.

This is the first book I've read by this author and I really enjoyed it.

I liked the writing style. It was well-paced and kept me wanting to read more. The chapters were short snappy, which I like. I liked the characters and think the author did a good job with them ... I could feel Noah's pain that his son has been kidnapped and that he's going to have to let his team down. But his son means everything to him.

I'm not a football fan and this book would appeal to fans and non-fans. There were football references but not too detailed ... it was fairly high level and I knew what was going on. The main focus of this book is the mystery.

This is the second in the Cal Murphy series but you don't need to read the first one to jump right into this one ... it works very well as a stand alone (there are vague references to the first book). I would like to go back and read the first one because I enjoyed this one so much.

Blog review post: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2013/01...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross the Line.