Andrea's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Jan 02, 13

Read in January, 2013

This is the 6th book I've read by Lisa McMann and definitely my favorite. I easily jumped into the story. It was set up in such a way that I got completely engrossed.

And I loved Jules. Her thoughts and saying sometimes cracked me up. I could see myself saying those things as a teen, or a teen now saying those things. And I liked Sawyer, Rowan and Trey too. I could tell right away that Sawyer still wanted to be friendly with Jules (the whole family feud thing made me think of Romeo and Juliet...not sure if was supposed to, but it did). And Rowan was a great younger sister. Often times, the slightly younger sister can be portrayed as annoying, but not in this story. And Trey--Trey was great. I have to say that I absolutely loved that the author never came right out and said that he was gay. You knew right from the beginning that he was and its great that the author made it so normal that it didn't need to be said like its some big revelation. And it cracked me up when both he and Jules were talking about how hot Sawyer is. Such great sibling relationships.

As for the visions. I can't even imagine how creepy it must be to see them everywhere you look. I can't believe Jules didn't go insane from it. But I liked how the visions changed as she went into action. It showed that she could change fate. The only thing is that I want to know WHY she had the visions. That wasn't explained and I wish it would have been. And I'm not too sure about the very very end. I guess I'll have to wait for the next book, Bang, to find out what that's all about!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.