David's Reviews > One Shot

M_50x66
Mar 11, 09

bookshelves: completed
Read in March, 2009

A sniper guns down five people. The evidence against him is overwhelming. When questioned by the police he declares bluntly that they have the wrong man. Then he says, "Get Reacher." The cops have no idea who Reacher is, but you and I should know, because, if we are reading in order this is # 9 in the series. (oops- I read this one out of order)..

Reacher, however, is on the way already? Why? Because, the sniper committed the same type of crime during the Persian Gulf War and got away with it-- under Reacher's watch. Now Reacher wants nothing more than to assist with the prosecution of this man. However, something catches his eye and the whole case begins to stink.

Reacher jumps in and does his stuff. If you've read any of the other novels in this series you know that his stuff includes busting heads, killing bad guys, and analyzing the heck out of every situation. This is one of the best of the series I have read and kept me up late to finish. My eyelids got heavy, but I literally could not put it down until I finished it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Shot.