Cameron's Reviews > The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness

The Mindful Way through Depression by Mark         Williams

Mar 11, 09

Read in March, 2009

A fun read about mindfulness and the role in can play in depression. I have become a "fan" of mindfulness and found this user-friendly, self-help text to be good. I haven't implemented the strategies as well as I want, there is a CD that comes with the book which provides guided meditations. If you are interested in implemented mindfulness strategies in your life then this book will assist you in that journey. If you want a more in-depth look at the theory of mindfulness then you may want to look at other books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mindful Way through Depression.

Autumn I also really enjoyed...am still enjoying this book. I feel like it has a pretty down to earth approach. Not as cheesy as a lot of "self-help" books. -I can't stand cheese when it comes in the form of psychology books;)

message 2: by Donette (new)

Donette Wow, this sounds like a book I need to read. I agree there are so many self help books and a lot of them are too 'fluffy' for me. I should try this one.