Parka's Reviews > Street Fighter Tribute

bookshelves: comics, animation, art-books
Read in November, 2008

Street Fighter Tribute
(Picture source: parkablogs.com)

This book is actually much better than I thought. Probably because I'm looking at them in full size instead of the small web images I found on the Internet.

It has a very satisfying thickness at 320 pages. The dust jacket is smooth, nice to touch, non-glossy over a soft cover. The paper stock is thick matte and the colour reproduction is wonderful.

Hundreds of artists have come together to contribute Street Fighter art for the book. As a result, the variety in terms of style is amazing. Some of the styles included are manga, realistic caricature, chibi, game art, vector and many other.

I've read of artists who blogged about their work being rejected. I can understand why because the quality of artwork in this book is very high.

UDON has also allowed artists to promote their work on their individual blogs. Over the past few months, I've seen a lot of artists blogging about their art and the book. It's really great to finally see the book in print.

This art book belongs to the you-can-enjoy-it-even-if-you're-not-a-Street-Fighter-fan category.

It's well worth every single cent I spent, and I'm not a Street Fighter fan.

This review was first published on parkablogs.com. There are more pictures and videos on my blog.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Street Fighter Tribute.

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Can I ask you a question about this book?

Parka Patrick wrote: "Can I ask you a question about this book?"

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Is this book costs a heavy price?

Parka Patrick wrote: "Is this book costs a heavy price?"
I bought this book from Amazon at us$26.40. It's worth the price as it's one of the better Street Fighter art books.

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick ok,thanks a lot