Allie's Reviews > Legacy

1910967
May 25, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction, kindle, owned-tbr, tudors, 2012-reads
Read from April 27 to May 24, 2012

The first half is a definite 5 stars… the second half 4... and I wasn't very fond of the ending... more thoughts to come later. But its definitely. The best book I have read on Elizabeth.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

04/28/2012
3.0% ""And that's what makes men such interesting pets, Markham-you never know when they're going to turn and bite." Love the prologue and first chapter... Such intelligent writing too!! Ahh I hope the rest of it is just as good as the little I got to read last night! Too bad I am working today!"
04/28/2012
7.0% ""There were pleasant byways along the stony roads of ambition for those who were sharp enough to read the map." This is so good!!! Susan Kay is doing an awesome job of going through all of Henry's wives!! lol I haven't read a book on the Tudors in 4 years so its a nice quick refesher! Love her writing!"
04/30/2012
26.0% "Moving right along... I am ready to have more Robin Dudley again in the story but I know it will happen eventually as soon as Mary gets out of the way and off the throne! lol Love the witty dialogue."
05/01/2012
30.0% ""Here lands as true a subject, being prisoner, as ever landed at these stairs. Before you, oh God, I speak it, having no other friend but you.""
05/01/2012
40.0% "I am having an exceptionally hard time putting this one down!"
05/05/2012
62.0% ""Once, in fun, he had called her a vampire, and that jest had assumed a strange form of truth—she took her strength, not from blood, but from the love of men."" 2 comments
05/07/2012
72.0% ""In my arms all your enemies are defeated." - I think it has slowed down some as she has gotten older but it is still good."
05/24/2012
87.0% "Will finish tonight!!! Not much time for reading on this past vacation!"
show 1 hidden update…

Alex I seem to be the only person who wasn't a big fan of this book. I hope you end up liking it!

Allie I honestly love it so far! Its very refreshing after the last few books I have read!!