Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Let the Dead Sleep

Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham

Jan 04, 13

bookshelves: to-read

Review:

This book took me a bit of reading to get into, the story was good, the opening was good, the characters were interesting but there was some spark missing until about the 30-40% area. The plot is good and you get a good background on Danni but on Michael …. Not so much. Lot of stuff alluded to and I have to assume she is going to make this a series since there are few loose ends left hanging. The whole story revolves around a bust which has a very evil inhabitant and the mission to find it and destroy it. The romance develops along the way and the story becomes more intricate as we go along. This is a good combination of paranormal, mystery, thriller and romance all of which means I will buy the next book in what I hope will be a few more books at least. Without getting into the details she runs a shop that collects “things” some mundane and some evil and dangerous (which she obviously does not sell) and he hunts people that have evil stuff. He is an ex-cop among other things and seems to be a bit more than human but this book does not give us a ton of details which I figure will come out in subsequent books, all in all a good reading experience and a 4 Star rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let the Dead Sleep.