Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Wait for Me

Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton

Dec 29, 12

Wait For Me
Elisabeth Naughton

A 2013 Bookie Award Nominee – Best eBook Novel of the year!
A 2012 Readers' Choice Awards finalist!

Summary:
A woman without a past…

After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right. She’s had no reason to question what friends and family have told her, not until her husband is suddenly killed and she finds a photo of a young girl in his office. A girl who can’t be anyone but a daughter Kate didn’t know she had.

A man desperate for a reason to live…

Ryan Harrison lost his wife in a plane crash five years ago. To cope with the pain of her loss, he dedicated himself to his job and to raising their daughter. Now a successful pharmaceutical executive, Ryan has everything a man could want—money, fame and power—but he’d give it all up in a heartbeat for just one more day with the woman he still loves.

Two lives about to converge.

As Kate begins to dig into a past she doesn't remember, evidence leads her to San Francisco and puts her on the path toward Ryan, a man who sees in her the woman he loved and lost. Kate feels a draw to Ryan, one she can’t explain, but is that feeling enough to convince her this is where she’s supposed to be? As Ryan and Kate search for answers, they uncover lies long buried, a passion hotter than either expected and a danger that threatens…even now…when the second chance they've both been searching for is finally within reach.

Review:
Occasionally, when you read as much PNR/UF/Fantasy as I do you need a break to “cleanse the palate” so to speak. This was one of those excursions and since it was FREE on Amazon by an author already known for writing skills (she also does a 5 Star PNR/UF series Eternal Guardians) it was an easy choice.

The summary made me think this was a light read with a soaring HEA …… wrong again, great authors don’t take the easy way out very often. This turns into a romantic mystery/thriller that borders in places like a SCI-FI murder mystery. Make no mistake, the main thrust of this novel is still the heroine with no memory of her past and the hero millionaire neither of whom are cut from the usual pairings we see in so many paperbacks and their totally messed up relationship (can’t say too much without spoiling things). Let me just say that almost nothing went the way I thought it was going to go from reading the cover info.

This was a great book, the way it starts grabs you and then moves along a line and just when you think it is going to go “just the way I thought” …… nope, not gonna happen. The summary above gives you enough information to get you hooked (or it should) and most people that have read this agree this is 4-5 Star reading.

Take a break from the usual and grab this book for free in a Kindle format on Amazon and enjoy an exceptional reading experience with a great ending (one of the very few things that came close to what I thought/hoped). I am always amazed by authors that can out-think me and take a novel off into a direction I had not seen without making me wish I had not read the book (I hate authors who use a “shock-jock mentality to be different or unique)

This is dang near 5 Star reading for me and the fact that I paid ZERO for it just adds to the pleasure of it, get this book even if you have to pay for it, its worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Me.