Robyn's Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Apr 18, 09

bookshelves: horror, young-adult, monsters, dystopian, sci-fi, love
Read in April, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I HATE zombies! I gave the book 3 stars, because the zombies never stop, and nobody has an awesome power to totally decimate them. There is a love story in there that will make you shed a tear, but the atmosphere is heavy and dark. If you can handle intense suspense with only gasps of hope, then you'll love it. There is a sequel or companion novel, I can't remember what it's called, but it's on my to-read shelf.

I think about Travis and Harry and this endless path and I realize that sometimes death comes before you expect it. That while we are rarely prepared for our friends, family and loved ones to die, we are never prepared for our own deaths. Never prepared to reconcile our own regrets.
I storm down the path, tears blinding me. When I rejoin the others I go straight to Harry and hold out my arm, the Binding rope dingy and dangling. 'Cut it,' I tell him. 'With the ax.'

Also I really wanted Mary to just grow 'some' and stop taking everyone's crap! I couldn't tell if the brothers were really in love with her or just trying to get into her pants. There is the good and the bad in this book. OH and we never find out, atleast in this first book, how and why people are infected.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.