Kim's Reviews > Hot Flashes: Women Writers on the Change of Life

Hot Flashes by Lynne Taetzsch

Apr 30, 09

Read in April, 2009

I picked this book up from a neighborhood garage sale. I wish I could say I bought it from a bookseller because these women writers deserve to earn their royalties.

This is a collection of essays by female authors on their experiences with menopause. I believe it caught my eye because it's a subject on my mind lately. These ladies are frank, sometimes funny and always informative. Being a straight person, it hadn't occurred to me how a lesbian woman might view menopause differently. I am also surprised to learn about how other cultures besides mine, handle this event.

I recommend this one to women wanting to know what to expect and to the men in their lives unsure of what's going on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Flashes.

03/10/2009 page 53

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd It sounds an interesting book. Laurel
Laurel Lamperd
The Battle of Boodicuttup Creek
Novel for 8 – 11 year olds
Available from www.amazon.com
www.BarnesandNoble.com

message 2: by Kimz (new)

Kimz Zahour This sounds cute... is it a comedy?

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim It's a collection of essays from female writers about their menopause experiences. For someone like me, just starting down that road, it had a lot to say.

Liane Spicer I bought it used on Amazon, and I also wish it was still in print so the authors could get their royalties. It was interesting and comforting to read about other women's experiences because where I come from people don't discuss this perfectly normal change that all women must go through.