Cherry's Reviews > That Girl Started Her Own Country

That Girl Started Her Own Country by Holy Ghost Writer

F_50x66
Dec 29, 12

Read on December 29, 2012

I probably should have read the first book before reading this one...but since I didn't, I'll write a review of what I thought of this book on it's own. The main character is definitely eccentric and captivating, she really knows how to get the reader's attention. There are several other interesting characters in the story but she outshines them all. Overall the story line was good and fast paced, it was enjoyable seeing the events fold out and guessing what would happen next. There was one issue that irked me to no end though, and it may or may not be a personal thing but I felt that a lot of the dialogue felt very unnatural and robotic. They didn't sound realistic and when I read it, I pictured robots spewing out lines with no feeling whatsoever. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if it was just one character but this unrealistic dialogue spanned several conversations and different characters. I understand that for some of the characters it was appropriate and maybe for the others them talking that way made them distinct, but I didn't care much for it and it kind of slowed down the story for me and made it less enjoyable to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Girl Started Her Own Country.