DarkHeart "Vehngeance"'s Reviews > Magic Strikes

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Mar 24, 09

bookshelves: 2009, 2009-best-releases, urban-fantasy, a-ilona-andrews, shifters
Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This series just gets better and better - and this book was awesome! The dynamic between Kate and Curran is brilliant. I loved how she fought her attraction as long as she could, but finally gave in to the inevitable - and in the hot tub, no less. And the bet was brilliant, especially when she lost and Curran presented her with his dinner request. But I love how even when being affectionate, they sill needle each other

"You came for me," I whispered.
"Always," he told me.
"You're a damn idiot. Trying to throw your life away?"
"Just staying sharp. Keeping you safe keeps me in shape." (Andrews, 304)

And Derek... I teared up when Kate saw him in the tank for the first time. The cruelty with which he was attacked, and how Livie just stood by and watched it. I appreciated that saving her helped him exorcise some of his demons, but I still hated her. I liked that we got more of his back story and an understanding of why he and Curran are so close. I loved that Julie is still completely infatuated with him, even if his face isn't as beautiful as it once was (I see a bright future for those two).

Andrea and Raphael are adorable. I love how he so desperately wanted to win her over, but just didn't know how. And how even though she didn't want to fall for him, she couldn't help herself. I look forward to their short story in Must Love Hellhounds

Suspicions about Roland were finally confirmed, and the pieces are now in motion for an epic show down with her father. And her new power of her control over her blood should prove very interesting.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Strikes.

Quotes DarkHeart "Vehngeance" Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Curran looked back at me. "Why is it you always attract creeps?"

"You tell me." Ha! Walked right into that one, yes, he did.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Strikes

Laura Oooooh....so LUCKY

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" LOL! I never manage to get new releases on time, let alone early - but Barnes & Noble came through. Just finished it and it was brilliant! Review coming later. ;)