Candice's Reviews > The Lost Recipe for Happiness

The Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O'Neal

Mar 12, 09

Read in March, 2009

This was one of the books I won from Reading Group Choices. It was also perfect for reading in airports and on planes since it was a rather light chick lit read. That doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable. The main character, Elena, was horribly injured in an auto accident that killed everyone else in the car. Twenty years later she is a chef in an upscale restaurant in Aspen. She must learn to let go of the past in order to seize the opportunities that are presented to her in the present. Between the chapters are recipes, mostly with a southwestern flavor, that sound incredibly delicious.

One note to whomever designs book covers. Elena has a dog. There is a dog on the cover of the book. The author goes into a lot of detail to describe the dog. Don't you think they could make the dog on the cover look like the dog in the book? Things like this bother me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Recipe for Happiness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra I totally agree that the dog should at least looked like what she described it, I do that a lot, compare the description to the cover.