Bettie☯'s Reviews > The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

06/28/2010 "Book Two - Bird as Prophet"
06/29/2010
3.0% "Book Three - The Bird Catcher"

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Tjan "- in laws are shit from shit island"

lol. I read somewhere that Murakami lived with his in laws for years.

Bettie☯ Sandybanks wrote: ""- in laws are shit from shit island"

lol. I read somewhere that Murakami lived with his in laws for years."

If he did - I wonder if this fictional brother -i-law has a basis in reality.

Saying that - I don't think HM hits reality too often at all.

This is a brilliant read so far - indeed I seem to have hit some class stuff in summer 2010 with 4 and 5 stars galore. Long may it continue and I wish you joy of you cool season's reads.

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace Tjan Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: ""- in laws are shit from shit island"

lol. I read somewhere that Murakami lived with his in laws for years."

If he did - I wonder if this fictional brother -i-law has a bas..."

Same to you! I just got an e reader and I suddenly have instant access to so many more books. Loving it.

message 4: by Bettie☯ (last edited Jun 28, 2010 06:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bettie☯ Sandybanks wrote: "Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: ""- in laws are shit from shit island"

lol. I read somewhere that Murakami lived with his in laws for years."

If he did - I wonder if this fictional brother -i-l..."

Yay - e-readers are brilliant, especially for carrying a whole library in such a light package. Mine is a nutty nuut

message 5: by Grace (new)

Grace Tjan Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: "Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: ""- in laws are shit from shit island"

lol. I read somewhere that Murakami lived with his in laws for years."

If he did - I wonder if this..."

Looks good. Mine is this one:

Not that much choice here. I was thinking of getting the Sony e reader but they don't come with any warranty. I can't buy books online either from sites like Amazon etc., but fortunately there are plenty of online classics that I can download.

Bettie☯ Sandybanks wrote: "Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: "Bettie wrote: "Sandybanks wrote: ""- in laws are shit from shit island"

If he did - I wo..."

There is enough on Gutenberg to keep even the fastest reader happy for a lifetime - it's just that a paper book is also nice to curl up at night with.

Happy Reading young Sandybanks!

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Stafford Wow...you actually like an author I really enjoy.

Bettie☯ Daniel wrote: "Wow...you actually like an author I really enjoy."

How many years have we known each other on the virtual plane? Who knows! But we have hit 2 books as matching 5* favs - The Master and Margarita, and Molloy...

now Murakami

That's a lot of 'M' success

;OP

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Stafford Too true. However, I should state that I read Kafka on the Shore, which I loved. I have heard Wind-Up is far superior.

Bettie☯ I gave Kafka 4* - Wind-up leaves it standing in the blocks.