Preeti's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Mar 10, 2009

bookshelves: ya
Read in November, 2004 , read count: 1

It's an amazing feeling when you read a book that gives you hope. When it makes you happy. Not happy like, *smiles* happy. Happy as in, bursting-from-your-heart, sunshiny-big-cheesy-smile, laugh-at-the-world, live-without-a-care sort of happy.

That's exactly what I felt when I finished this. First of all, I'd like to thank Naffi for opening me up to YA (young adult) books. Without her, there would have been this whole unexplored section of gems at my library and I would not have been privy to the "wisdomosity" of such writing.

Even though it was a fairly simple story, the author wove it into a beautiful tapestry of writing. Mundane events were turned into gold. I sat there and felt the joy, the pain, the sorrow - everything the main character was feeling.

The main reason this book gave me hope is because Macy (the main character) realizes that there is so much more to life than the routine, everyday stuff that consumes us. She realizes that you don't need order and a set schedule to live a fulfilling life. She also realizes that she needs to do things in her own way and stop trying to live up to other people's standards or fit the mold that others want her to be in.

She learns to appreciate the things and the people around her, from the most simple to the most complex.

I strive to imbibe those very lessons into my own life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

04/06 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Annelida Thank you so much for such a heartfelt review. I felt the same way.