Rebecca's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

May 02, 12

Read in March, 2009

I bought this book yesterday and finished yesterday too.

Urgh. I was too intrigued by the first book's whole IDEA to let this one go by without a read. I buy books out of habit, one I should VERY much stop until I have read it before since this one too was a waste of my money.

Urgh again! More blandness. I want to punch Charles force in the face, slap Mimi and the whole Kingsley thing was random and just .... what was the fracking point? Also, Mimi said in the first book that she couldn't remember anything before Roanoke and now suddenly she remembers ROME and PARADISE and Lucifer himself? WTF again! Mimi just rubs me wrong.

de la Cruz focuses to much on random modeling crap and should focus more on scenery and setting and STOP skipping key pieces of time. Like, whole hours will go by and she will sum it up in A sentence. Come on now. Flesh out your stories.

I would rather have a story with too much detail than barely any at all.

I have read the reviews of the third and have decided that I will go to the library for that one. The other two are going to a friend ... or the trash.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Patrick well still keep reading because you'll love the rest of the books!!!

Rebecca I read up to 4. I loathe them all. :/

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley T I agree that sometimes the story gets bland and random, but maybe that's how the author wants it to be. It all fits in together in the end, so why should it matter if things aren't as detail as they should be. I think the book is worth the money and fine the way it is.