Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Immortal Ever After

Immortal Ever After by Lynsay Sands

Dec 27, 12

Summary:

A kiss doesn’t mean eternity . . .

Valerie Moyer doesn’t believe in vampires—until she is kidnapped by a fanged psychopath! After escaping her bloodthirsty captor, she’s through with creatures of the night, until she finds herself under the protection of the darkly handsome Anders. Not only is she expected to accept that Anders is immortal, but also that she is the woman destined to be his life mate!

. . . Or does it?

Anders felt a connection to Valerie from the moment he cradled her bruised body in his arms. But before he claims her, he must destroy the vampire who almost stole her from him forever. His job would be easier if Valerie didn’t fight him every step of the way. Still, Anders loves a challenge, and the green-eyed beauty is worth fighting for!

Review:

I have read this series since book #1 and have loved all of them (some more than others) and this story takes us back closer to the “old” books but with a bit of the Rouge Hunter theme thrown in since the heroine Valerie has to be rescued by the Enforcers headed up by the Argeneau men. Anders was introduced to us several books back and has pretty much always been the strong silent type, well its his turn so enjoy. The story is great and the action while good unfortunately is a wee bit predictable. You have at least 2 major “Don’t go in there!!” moments when you know something bad is coming and they go anyway. While I continue to enjoy this series I am beginning to wonder if Ms Sands is running out of ideas, she has been a major creative force but this book seemed to reflect back on a few of the other books IMHO. I give this one 4 Stars maybe a bit more since I did enjoy it in spite of the passionate but lukewarm romance (I know that sounds odd but you have to read it) but I am concerned about the future of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Ever After.