Kati's Reviews > Bone Song

198122
Sep 01, 09

bookshelves: work-reviews, 2009, in-english, het, urban-fantasy, 2010
Read in September, 2009

Wow. Okay, the beginning was a bit slow and it took me a while to get into the book - but then I couldn't put it down. The world that John Meaney built is stunning, a world where everything runs on the power of the dead, mostly their bones. It's scary and creepy and it takes time to get used to it, to be perfectly honest. The setting aside, this is basically a mystery book. I fell in love with it once Donal joined Laura's team. I'm now really curious how the team members will react to what happened in the last chapter, at the very end of the book. That means I will be reading the next one in the series for sure!

The most captivating quote? Do you hear the bones?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Song.

04/29/2009 page 6
08/28/2009 page 22 "I need to R&R it for my boss, ASAP!"
08/29/2009 page 54 "I can't get into the story. 50 pages in and I still don't care much about the main hero. It's so monotone, told not felt."
08/30/2009 page 246 "And eveybody is gunning for Donal, the poor thing."
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Schnaucl This is an awesome series. It seems very different from everything else I've read.

Kati I think that the closest thing to it would be Green's "Nightside" series. There, everything was totally weird and upside down, too. But Meaney's series is creepier.

Schnaucl KatiKat wrote: "I think that the closest thing to it would be Green's "Nightside" series. There, everything was totally weird and upside down, too. But Meaney's series is creepier. "

Yeah. And the Nightside is still London (kind of)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This sounds really good. Creepier than Nightside? Sign me up!!!

Kati Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "This sounds really good. Creepier than Nightside? Sign me up!!!"

Yes, to me it felt creepier. Nightside often feels rather tongue-in-the-cheek-y. This is similar, but much more... seriously deadly I would say.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I have to get this book. I hope I can find it at the bookstore this weekend. Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to read more in this vein. I love the supernatural chillers.