Sharon's Reviews > Vegetable Gardening: From Planting to Picking - The Complete Guide to Creating aBountiful Garden

Vegetable Gardening by Fern Marshall Bradley

Mar 30, 09

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in March, 2009

I am putting in a garden for the first time this year and this book was extremely helpful. It explains gardening briefly but in enough detail to get you started. Then you learn if you want to know more about a certain aspect (like growing from seeds indoors, building raised beds, using pesticides, etc) so you can do more research. Everything is explained in very easy to understand terminology with helpful pictures and diagrams. Both sides of the organic/pesticide debate are presented without being pushy so you can make your own decision.

The second half of the book has a two-page spread for each garden vegetable. Each spread includes information about planting, feeding, watering, harvesting, storing, etc. It is a fantastic and visually pleasing book that I would recommend to anyone who is starting from ground zero and those who are still learning vegetable gardening. I'm not sure this has a wealth of information for those who have been doing it for years because it covers a TON of information with limited depth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegetable Gardening.